Mia of Reading in Skirts was kind enough to give me the Sunshine Award this week! If you have a minute, read through her delightfully witty answers to the ten questions posed by Gracey (Fashion for Giants).
The rules for the award are:
1. Include the award logo in a post and/or on your blog sidebar.
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 other fabulous bloggers and ask them 10 questions.
5. Link to your nominees in your post and let them know about the reward.
Here are my responses to the ten questions Mia asked:
1. Are you left- or right-handed? (Or ambidextrous?)
I am definitely right-handed! Though I can spin (or used to be able to) both directions in figure skating.
2. What was the last thing you drew or doodled?
3. What’s the best present you ever received?
The ease at which I can be myself today, from the women who came before me.
Image courtesy of Master isolated images,FreeDigitalPhotos.net.
4. What’s the best present you ever gave?
I think it would have to be the vintage hand-painted map of Turkey to someone who had recently been there. That was one of my more clever gifts.
5. What words do you have difficulty spelling no matter how many times you look them up?
I actually… can’t think of any right now. But I definitely have some because I just had to do this the other day.
6. When you’re putting on shoes and socks, do you do sock-shoe-sock-shoe or sock-sock-shoe-shoe?
7. Did your parents make things up about the world when you were a kid? What’s the best/worst thing they told you?
I’m pretty sure they let me believe unicorns were real for an embarrassingly long time.
Image courtesy of Victor Habbick, FreeDigitalPhotos.net.
8. What’s your favorite punctuation mark?
Semicolon! I find it to be underused.
9. What’s your favorite single-use kitchen implement (or other single-use household implement, if you don’t spend much time in the kitchen)?
Would have to be the 7″ santoku. It chops through practically everything, including chicken bones.
10. What’s your favorite “unsolved event,” mysterious creature/person, or otherwise creepy weird thing that hasn’t been figured out by modern man? (I find the Dyatlov Pass incident fascinating.)
Hogwarts is real, for serious. I’m telling you, I’m still waiting for my letter (it’s about fourteen years late).
Image courtesy of MichaelVough Photography by Michael Tan, Flickr.
I am giving the Sunshine Award to:
The Sunshine Award has been very popular lately, so if you already received it (or just don’t like questions) don’t worry about answering! Though I hope you’ll at least answer question #1 so we can start a my-Hogwarts-letter-is-missing support group.
My ten questions are:
1. Gryffindor or Slytherin?
2. Cupcakes or cookies?
3. Gold or silver?
4. Dresses or pants?
5. Lace or studs?
6. J.Crew or Zara?
7. Wedges or heels?
8. Google or Bing?
9. Eggs Benedict or Belgian waffles?
10. Downton Abbey or The Walking Dead?